Today is my grandmother's funeral. All of my family is gathering in Iowa, sharing memories, pictures, and grief. I am in China.
My grandmother was 93 and had a good life. She loved to travel and as a young woman traveled from Iowa to Hawaii and throughout the United States, then later in life she went to Europe, Canada, Mexico, and Africa. She would share her pictures and bring back souvenirs - she shared the world beyond Iowa with me, and her love of travel.
I miss her greatly.

Grandma with Dad in June 2008

2 comments:
So sorry to hear about your Grandma... it is awful being SO far away from home when all your family are getting together to celebrate her life but from what you are saying... she had an adventurous spirit and I am sure that she wouldn't hold it against you that you couldn't make it but would rather you have your adventures in China... a ton of hugs to you all...
Jenny..sorry to hear about your grandmother. I remember you talking about her, and I'm sure she is with you everyday you explore China. Just remember..those who you love most are always with you, no matter where they are.
Big Hugs! Love, Denise
Post a Comment