Thursday, December 18, 2008

Beach, Boats, and Babes

I can honestly say this is the first family vacation where we have all truly relaxed, had fun and lived in the moment. While some of my faithful blog readers know, due to the economic downturn in the U.S. DH's company made the decision to close the China office. Although DH's company offered him a position back in America, we have made the decision to stay in China and look for other employment. Needless to say, the news and our imminent unemployed status has been a bit stressful and this vacation has been just what the doctor ordered.


We have been spending our days eating, playing in the sand and surf, and enjoying the views. Mui Ne is a fishing village and I have fallen in love with the different methods, and boats which the fishermen use. Thanks to DH's love of the sunrise we have gotten up a couple of times to catch the fishermen and snap a few photos of their boats.
Our time in Vietnam is quickly coming to a close. While it wasn't our first choice as a vacation destination, it has exceeded our expectations, and DH and I have vowed to return. Soon we'll be trading the relaxing sound of the waves crashing for the hustle and bustle, culture, and craziness that is Hong Kong.

1 comment:

Debberoo said...

Its so beautiful and I'm really glad you had this chance to relax and recharge right now when I'm sure you must really need it. I'll keep everything crossed for you that a great job offer quickly appears.